Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mknhouston  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 23, 2017 1:49:24 PM(UTC)
mknhouston

Groups: Registered

About a minute into the wash cycle the water faucet symbol lights up and it starts beeping. I ran through the test cycle and got an E3 error code.

I bought a new inlet valve and installed it. Same problem, but after running the test cycle got error E5.

I pull the level switch and tested the continuity and all tested good.

I then ran a normal cycle and found out that the cycle didn't stop after the beeping started. It ran through the entire wash cycle with no problem except the error light was on and it was beeping. Turns out that it beeps every time water comes in, which is two or three times per cycle, and goes off when the water shuts off. So during a cycle it beeps while water comes in, stops when it is full and during washing, then drains, and when it starts to bring in fresh water it starts beeping again. stops when it is full and so on.

What causes this and how do it confirm the part is the real problem?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 24, 2017 3:08:20 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
You may want to run the customer service test program to clear error codes by doing the following:
While pushing (and holding) any two wash cycle buttons, turn the dishwasher on with the on/off switch. After releasing the buttons, LED “B” will be lit and LED “C” will flash, confirming you’re in the special programs menu.
To enter the test program, push button “B” repeatedly until the digital display shows “P1” or until LED “C” is lit.
Push button “C” to start the program -- LED “C” will blink. The steps will show on the digital display (e.g."S:01") -- push button “B” to skip a step.
Stored error codes will show on the digital display and LED’s.
The test program can only be stopped/reset by pushing the on/off button – it can’t be done by turning off the power.

*The buttons and LED's attached.
File Attachment(s):
SHE LED and buttons.doc (43kb) downloaded 65 time(s).
mknhouston  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 25, 2017 7:59:39 AM(UTC)
mknhouston

Ran the test program and it showed error code 5, but it went away and was not stored after the test. Wierd, eh? It usually stores it.

The beeping seems to be somehow related to filling. I pulled out the dishwasher, pulled off the side panel and watched a full cycle. As soon as it started filling, the beeping started. When the dishwasher got full and the float tripped the switch, the beeping stopped until it got to another fill cycle.

It can't be the inlet valve cause a.) i've replaced it and b.) I have seen it open, fill and close fine.

Would the flow meter cause this issue?
Gene  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 25, 2017 12:48:22 PM(UTC)
Gene

I've checked all available for me documentation for your dishwasher model. That's what I found: Error code E5, either safety float water level reached or motor speed error.
If error code E5 is safety float water level reached, check the float and float switch (in the base), check if water is in the base and check if the water inlet valve has re-seated after closing.

No tests for the motor speed. Nothing about beeping. Very weird!
mknhouston  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 26, 2017 9:16:52 AM(UTC)
mknhouston

Gene thanks.

No water in base. Checked safety switch continuity and its good. And beeping stops after the level is reached.

Motor speed error? Are you talking about the water flow meter? Or one of the pumps?

Weird indeed! The silly thing works, I just have to put up with the the beeping for about a minute, two or three times during the cycle. You know how long a minute can seem when it's beeping at you. :)

I shall try replacing the flow meter or jug as they call it.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
mknhouston  
#6 Posted : Saturday, May 6, 2017 12:11:21 PM(UTC)
mknhouston

Well, I replaced the flow meter and it solved the problem. Hurray!
Gene  
#7 Posted : Sunday, May 7, 2017 4:59:49 PM(UTC)
Gene

I'm glad you were able to fix it. Good job!

And thank you for sharing it with us.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply