Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DrDeath2099  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 8, 2017 1:06:30 PM(UTC)
DrDeath2099

Groups: Registered

Was having an issue back in November where the freezer was working, but the fridge was not staying cool. Had a repair guy come out and he replaced the fan inside the freezer and there was a bunch of ice built up on the coils and I defrosted it carefully with a heat gun before putting everything back together. It would be fine for about a couple months and then would stop again, so I'd have to take it apart and it was froze over again. Defrosted it, worked fine until last week. This time it froze over and so I was told to check the thermistor in the back of the freezer because it might be bad. I cut it out and tested it and it was reporting around 11 ohms at about 43 degrees in a glass of ice water, so it looked good. Next step was to check the defroster itself, but it was getting late, so I put the thermistor back in, wired it and filled the wire nut with silicon and plugged it back into the wall. Unit ran for about twenty minutes and then stopped. Now I've got nothing going except the lights. I talked with appliance parts and they'd suggested it might be a bad main board, so I ordered a replacement, but I'm seeing the same thing. I switched back to my old board, I did notice that the fan in the back of the fridge spins when I have the fridge door open, but not when it's closed. The compressor doesn't kick on at all either way. Anyone have any suggestions on what I could try or what I might be missing? The repair place that helped me last time isn't around anymore.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.