Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wagnerlip  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 6, 2017 3:55:48 PM(UTC)
wagnerlip

Groups: Registered

MFI2569VEM2 already presented a bad microchip on the control panel at the back of the fridge, it was causing defrost problems at the freezer. Installed a transistor to bypass the bad chip. Now two months later, the Ice Maker control board motor stops running, what stops the whole ice maker.

Disassembled the ice maker, tested the control motor directly to 120Vac, it runs nicely. Went again to the control board at the back of the fridge, removed and checked all the small surface mount transistors and M4 relay. The transistor Q17 that controls relay M4 was bad. Replaced with a NPN 2N2222 unit, after few hours I have Ice.

I was getting ready to purchase a new Thermostat for the Ice Maker, but the unit is working now.

It seems the control board is damaging components. It may be a failing 12V power supply that is a switching unit. Sooner or later I will need to replace that electronic board.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

CitadelBlue  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 7, 2017 3:51:26 AM(UTC)
CitadelBlue

Wow..... repairing circuit boards. Now that's an art. I too had no ice. Replaced solenoid valve, emitter boards, and ice maker. Still no ice. Called in a pro. Discovered i was not getting any power to ice maker. Ordered control board. It arrived at 700 last night via Fedex. I must have been the last delivery. Any way appliance parts get zero stars for packaging. This is the 3rd part i ve ordered and they still must have a shortage of bubble wrap and tape. Havent installed it yet, but am hoping this solves my no ice issue and I can then return the other parts.
CitadelBlue  
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 15, 2017 10:39:34 AM(UTC)
CitadelBlue

My issue seems to be a bad or broken wire in the harness under the freezer door. Several wires are wrapped in a cloth sheath . Seems the wires go into a connector and that's where they are prone to break.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply