Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
zed40  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 24, 2017 6:16:49 PM(UTC)
zed40

Groups: Registered

Hope someone can help. I am a disabled man living on a fixed income and cannot afford a big repair bill, but I do have some electrical background. I attempted to start up my Whirlpool Gold Quiet Partner III dishwasher, model # GU1108XTLB1. When I didn't hear the usual filling of the machine I looked and saw that the Cancel button was blinking in a constant manner. I thought maybe the machine got "Control Locked" up so I attempted to unlock it. That's when I noticed that both the Rinse Only and the Cancel lights were blinking in tandem constantly. Upon pressing the Cancel button again the Rinse Only light went out, but the Cancel light continued. No matter what buttons I pressed, the Rinse Only and Cancel buttons were the only ones that blinked. I did some online research and tried a few things: I turned he power off for 15 minutes or so, turned it back on, no change. Then I turned it off for over a day and worked the touch buttons in case one was stuck. There was a change, albeit briefly. The draining cycle started and lasted about 2 minutes, in which time I entered the diagnostic code: Sani-Rinse, Air Dry, then Sani-Rinse, Air Dry again in quick succession. All the lights lit up briefly and all seemed well. I thought my worries were over. I started a load. It filled and did a quick rinse. Just after it opened the detergent door the cycle stopped and so I'm back to square one again. Then I opened up the controller, re-seated all the electrical connections including the ribbon to the touch buttons and tried again. Nothing. Now in desperation I have peeled back the touch button cosmetic covering in order to get to the touch buttons themselves. I've cleaned the pad and took a hair dryer to them to evaporate any water that might have gotten inside. I plan to wait another day to try it again.

I'm out of ideas. I would be very grateful if any of you experts out there could help an old disabled cop out in a real pinch. I have great trouble standing so I would be in great pain if I had to start washing the dishes by hand. Thanks ahead of time!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.