Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Shiny2016  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 2:52:18 PM(UTC)
Shiny2016

Groups: Registered

I think the washer is 5-10 years. It came with the house when I purchased 3.5 years ago.

I got a F9E1 error and the washer was beeping on the wash cycle. It would not spin or drain. Up until the wash cycle, the tub was agitating fine. I checked the coin trap and removed a few things. I ran a cycle and the same thing happened. The drain pump was humming and it was warm, but nothing drained and the tub did not spin. Another error code.

I am wondering if I should go ahead and replace the who drain pump or, because it was humming and heated, is there another thing I should check.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

PNWDrew  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 5:42:28 PM(UTC)
PNWDrew

Yes it's the drain error, and no you shouldn't buy a new pump until you've determined you need one.

You'll need to drain it completely somehow. Behind that bottom panel is a pump clean out you can check once it is empty. I'd use a shopvac to suck it out but a large bucket under the large screw out piece can do it too. Be prepared for whatever water is inside to come out and try to do it in a controlled manner, slowly.. There's always some, no matter what you see.

Chances are you have something in the trap and you pump probably survives. The trap is the white screw out piece in the middle. Check youtube for guidance.
Shiny2016  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 6:52:38 PM(UTC)
Shiny2016

Thanks for that suggestion.

I did clean the trap - several hair pins, money, etc. I also checked the main drain hose.

It still stops at wash and I get that error code, so I drained it again and was considering whether I should take the pump out and check it for any life. It still hums during the beginning of the spin cycle, but the tub does not rotate or drain. The motor is hot.

I don't want to buy a new one, if it could be something else.
PNWDrew  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 8, 2017 7:26:32 AM(UTC)
PNWDrew

It sounds like you've covered all over the basics steps. If the pump is humming that means you know it is getting power and there's a possibility it is blocked by a bobby pin or something inside the pump chamber.
One final thing to check is that the pump is actually physically able to turn. You can do this by a couple of methods but the easy way is to stick your finger into the hole that the water goes into and see if you can physically turn the pump impeller.
Do that when it's off and empathy of course. The hole will be on the right leading over to the motor.
If you are really motivated you can pull the pump motor from the white plastic body by removing those three screws. If you can significantly wobble the impeller or show signs of damage you're going to need a new one.
They are not that expensive online. Probably $40 or so. You can't get the pump as a whole assembly or sometimes just the motor.
Have fun with it
Shiny2016  
#5 Posted : Sunday, March 12, 2017 11:26:02 PM(UTC)
Shiny2016

Thanks so much PNW Drew!! I dug around a little more and found a piece of a hair clip lodged in the impeller.

All fixed and up and running!

Now on to the toaster oven repair. Lol
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply