Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Tom Hawk  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 18, 2017 7:57:33 AM(UTC)
Tom Hawk

Groups: Registered

To All:

I have a Maytag Dishwasher Model MDBH979AWW3. It fills on the first (pre-rinse) cycle, cycles through and drains. There is a pause when it is supposed to fill. No water flows into the machine but the detergent dispenser opens. Therefore, it must know where it is in the program. If left unattended, the pump works but no water sprays on the following cycles as there is no water in the machine. I started opening the machine after the pre-rinse cycle, filling it manually with water until the float valve rises to its proper height. I then close the door and press the "resume" button. It then runs through the wash cycle. After it drains, there is a pause when it should fill. As before, I then manually fill it with water, close the door and press the "resume" button. It completes the rinse cycle, progresses through the drying cycle and shuts off as normal.

Obviously, the fill valve and the float switch work or it would not fill for the pre-rinse cycle. All other functions work properly. The detergent dispenser opens properly, the heating element works, the drain and spray cycles work. The float valve is free, the machine is clean inside. Everything seems to work except the fill cycle on all cycles following the pre-rinse cycle. The issues are the same in the heavy, normal or light wash programs.

Since everything seems to work except the fill cycles following the pre-wash cycle, I suspect the circuit board is defective. Should I purchase and install a new circuit board or is there something else that may be the cause.

Thanks in advance for any help that may be offered.

Tom Hawk
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.