Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
doubldc  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 9, 2017 9:40:08 PM(UTC)
doubldc

Groups: Registered

I noticed a small leak in front of my 15 in Undercounter Kitchenaid ice maker. Everything else seems to be working fine except the leak.

I see a drip from the bottom of the tube connecting into the valve located at the lower front of the ice maker.

Do I need to replace the valve? How do I release the tube from the valve. There is blue disk that looks like a compression or locking device.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

PNWDrew  
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 12, 2017 12:57:02 PM(UTC)
PNWDrew

Groups: Registered

You may need a new valve but if you can see the valve easily there is a little more you can do to check. The fittings can leak as well. At least initially unplug the machine. If the machine is plugged in and asking for ice it may open the valves and surprise you.
1) Get a good look with good lighting on the valve. Is the leak actually from the fitting that the hose enters? Leaks can often start at a point far from where they show up.
2) If you push that blue disc towards the valve the tube pulls out easily. It'll likely be full of water so be ready. Is there any sign of damage or wear on the hose? Dry the empty fitting and see it it is dripping out that newly exposed hole in the filling. Is there any moisture above that point? If so your leak is also probably also above that point
3) Thoroughly dry everything and see if you can actually see the spot where the leak originates

Pay attention to the blue plastic part of the valve if you can see it. They often leak where the solenoid attaches to the plunger where it opens to open the valve. Look for white residue from mineral content, that is a good sign of a nearby leak.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply