Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
w7m2  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 4, 2017 6:06:45 PM(UTC)
w7m2

Groups: Registered

Recently I purchased a second-hand Robot Coupe Blixer 2 commercial food processor and have been using it to make thick sauces and emulsions.

The problem is the machine becomes very hot after just a couple of minutes of operation and then switches itself off (presumably because of a thermal cutout). Before it cuts out, the motor begins to shudder and struggle.

There is also a pronounced smell of ozone or burning plastic almost as soon as I switch on the machine.

I'm not a commercial user and I can't afford professional repairs, but would be happy to attempt a repair or replacement of components myself. I did email Robot Coupe who said they suspect it could be "the capacitor or relay" at fault.

I've opened up the unit and the interior and motor itself look to be in pristine visual condition.

Can anyone suggest ideas, please?

Hi-res pictures of a similar motor:

https://www.cattermoleelectrical...eld/image/products/Robot Coupe R201 R211U XL motor 39849 spare part (1).JPG

https://www.cattermoleelectrical...eld/image/products/Robot Coupe R201 R211U XL motor 39849 spare part (2).JPG
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.