Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Calabashman  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 28, 2017 2:29:58 PM(UTC)
Calabashman

Groups: Registered

1/27/2017 All of a sudden we have no cold water going in to the washer. With both faucets turned on and washer settings set to cold/cold we get only hot water. With same washer settings (cold/cold) and the hot water turned off at faucet we get no water at all, just a hmmmmm. To me it sounds like the cold water solenoid is not working, but that's just a husbands guess. Any ideas will be appreciated. I thank you.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ThatGuy  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 28, 2017 3:43:44 PM(UTC)
ThatGuy

Groups: Expert
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
That's what it sounds like to me too. If you had a meter handy you could check for voltage to each coil and if the coils have resistance. Probably a bad water valve.

Whirlpool WP21001827 Valve, Water - AppliancePartsPros.com
Calabashman  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2017 9:08:21 AM(UTC)
Calabashman

Thanks, it's appreciated. I want to be sure I do the meter test correctly and don't "blow something. Can you tell me more specifically where to place the leads when testing the solenoid please. Both ends of the coil?? What will the resistance reading be if it is broken? I'm assuming "0" resistance if not working. Thanks again. I use to know all this stuff but @ 77 I'm unsure and barely know who I am someday.
ThatGuy  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2017 1:28:58 PM(UTC)
ThatGuy

Groups: Expert
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Here is a video that should help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-661-1NbYZ4
Calabashman  
#5 Posted : Monday, January 30, 2017 8:32:57 AM(UTC)
Calabashman

Thanks for your patience with me. For me nothing goes as expected. For example. I followed your and the video instructions to a T. Using a digital meter for the test I got no tone or meter reading change when testing the valve. which tells me the solenoid is defective. To confirm my test results were valid I decided to test the hot water solenoid using the same procedure. I expected it to have continuity because it opened and closed as it should during the last wash. It did not. Nothing. not signal, no meter reading change. It doesn;t compute to me. That meaning when we tried to wash clothes using cold/cold settings we got only hot water and it opened and closed as it should IF we were washing in the hot water cycle. None the less while it should not have opened at all it did but it also shut off when it should have, telling me "el stupeedo" it was working, although I'm probably missing something important. My next step is to order a replacement valve and put it back together so we can at least wash in hot water mode. Pls tell me what I did wrong etc. And many thanks again. I'm pleased you are sticking with me.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply