Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
quvia1  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 27, 2017 3:30:16 PM(UTC)
quvia1

Groups: Registered

I have a phase 111 hot water tank with a stainless steel liner hooked up to my smith oil furnace. I have been having low hot water flow for a while and was wondering if anyone had this same hot water problem and a possible fix. It is 20 years old and I have a well. My thoughts are that the dip tube could be clogged or I have a large build up of scale on bottom of tank. This tank does not have a bottom drain but in the diagram shows a cold water inlet siphon to drain the tank. Mine has nothing installed and has never been drained. Could this be clogged so bad it is restricting the flow??
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

quvia1  
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 4, 2017 4:00:13 PM(UTC)
quvia1

After much worrying I attacked the problem myself. i couldn't get a plumber to even make an appointment. Whats that all about. Doesn't anyone want to work anymore. Any way, it turned out to be a plugged hot water outlet on the tank. It was so plugged I couldn't even get a piece of brazing wire to go through the 3/4 outlet pipe. I ended up getting it opened to 1/2 inch and now have a great water flow. Hope this helps someone in the future.
donaldharris  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 8, 2017 6:51:09 PM(UTC)
donaldharris

Today, this is the common problem everywhere. Your problem is same as that of my friend. He was also going through poor hot water flow through his tank. Even after contacting to several plumbers he wasn't able to fix his slow hot water flow. Later on, he came in contact with Walk in bathtub Mesa professionals who provides plumbing services and are able to fix any kind of obstacle. I think you should go on with the professionals to get your hot water flow in control.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply