Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
matermultorum  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2017 6:33:37 PM(UTC)
matermultorum

Groups: Registered

The stove is 5 days past the 1 year warranty.

We had several burners on high and the oven was on. There was a strange smell which I'm not sure how to describe, but it wasn't a burning or cooking food smell. Maybe an electric part burning smell? I noticed that the water wasn't boiling and soon realized that none of the burners would work and the oven was no longer heating. The lights and panel were still on indicating that the stovetop was on and the oven was on. I don't know where to start to trouble shoot this.

Background which may not be relevant: About 1 month ago they replaced two large burner elements. The ones we got were different than the original ones. A few days before the warranty expired I asked for 2 small ones because they were really hard to remove. A repairman came out and adjusted something so that the small burners were easier to remove. He also adjusted something so that one of the newer larger burner elements would lie flat. It is probably a coincidence that 5 days later nothing works.

Thanks in advance
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.