Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mark Duess  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 22, 2017 9:25:35 AM(UTC)
Mark Duess

Groups: Registered

Hi.
Kecc500xbo

I'm trying to save a bunch of work already put into what should have been a simple job.

The large front element (Front Left) wasn't working. I called Kitchen Aid and they was able to provide me with a part number. I ordered the part and when it arrived I have found that it doesn't look exactly the same. I've spoken with the supplier and Kitchen aid several times and I'm told this is a suitable part but they cannot tell me how it should be connected. So I'm reaching out to you for some help.

I'm going to add pictures if I can.
First problem is the size doesn't match. If I can actually get the wires figured out, will it be ok to place the element without having it sit in the same spot , reattaching the old legs may not work as the base is larger on the new one? potentially sitting on the metal base?

Second problem is that the connectors are different.
picture 1, shows the old element , note the black wire running back to itself and the red wire attaching on the side.
picture 2 new element, note a black wire running back to itself on other side, and a metal connection as well
picture 3, old element closeup showing the markings.
picture 4, new element close-up showing markings
picture 5 , new element with two connections made..

So basically I have two of the four wires transferred easily. What's left is the black and red.
On the old one the black is labelled 1a and it doesn't seem to have a matching home, as the terminal marked 1a the new one has the metal connector back to the burner. In picture four you'll see there is a terminal on the end of the short black wire on the new one, which may actually be connected to 1a.. I have no idea, Any advise is greatly appreciated.
Mark Duess attached the following image(s):
old element.jpg
new element.jpg
old element close.jpg
new element close-up.jpg
element with two connections.jpg
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.