Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
highpoint  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 21, 2017 12:14:48 PM(UTC)
highpoint

Groups: Registered

This is a Kenmore series 70 gas dryer. During the initial start everything functions normally. Flames up and runs for 5-7 min then cycles down, when it tries to re-ignite on the next heat cycle you can here a chattering sound, the ignitor glows but no gas is released to light, then the ignitor cycles back down. Here are the components I have replaced, gas coils, ignitor, flame sensor, cycling thermostat. The timer, thermal fuse, and hi-temp thermostat were checked with a multi-meter and all checked out. I think the only thing left is the gas valve itself, but given that it works initially AND some repair guys and my local parts supplier says that would be VERY unlikely( and costly). Anybody got two more cents to put in?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.