Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Woodhead98  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 4, 2017 3:02:15 PM(UTC)
Woodhead98

Groups: Registered

I have a Kenmore Elite upright freezer that is about 3 years old. This morning it was running louder than usual. Ice cream inside was soft so the temperature was not as low as is usually is. I used a thermocouple and measured the inside temp to be 20 F. Later in the day I remeasured the temp and it was 5 F so it is variable. The temperature readout on the front door shows -2 F all the time.

Also the drain pan was full and there was water on the floor. Finally, there were icicles (small ones) on the inside of the freezer. The outside sides of the freezer are very warm also. The compressor feels hot to me as does the condenser line coming out of it. I have checked the seal around the door with a dollar bill and cannot find any obvious gaps -it appears to be well sealed.

Up until now the freezer has run perfectly. The manual is useless and I have no detailed drawings or other information about the freezer to help me.

Do you have any ideas or suggestions?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.