Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ggarnett  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 2, 2017 7:51:16 AM(UTC)
ggarnett

Groups: Registered

I have a Kenmore elite HE3 gas dryer and I can't figure out why it won't dry clothes all the way.
I've checked to make sure there are no clogs in the exhaust path. it's clean. Plenty of air comes out the exhaust, but it never really gets that warm.
I've replaced the coils and the thermistor.
I've replaced the moisture sensor bars.
I've replaced the gas valve.
I've checked the flame sensor and high limit switch for correct resistance/continuity.
The dryer will start and ignite, but the flame will shut off and come back on. I'm not sure how long/often the flame is supposed to cycle.
It doesn't matter if I use sensor drying cycles or timed dry cycles and the duration or temp setting seem to make no difference. Clothes really never get dry.
Could it be the computer module?
If Anyone can help i would appreciate it. Thanks.

G
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.