Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MDThompson  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 27, 2016 4:05:57 PM(UTC)
MDThompson

Groups: Registered

I have a DCS stove model 70062 RGS-364GD-SS. It has a Griddle and 4 burners on the top of a 36 inch oven. The oven igniter will not come on. I have replaced the igniter and the thermostat to no avail. I measure aprox. 65Vac on the leads going to the igniter, without the igniter connected. If connected, the voltage is zero. Yes, the oven has been turned on and is requesting heat, pilot light is on. The broiler portion of the oven is working correctly, as well as the griddle and surface burners. Is there anyway the Dual Valve assembly could be causing this anomaly? Thanks for any helpful information.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ThatGuy  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 29, 2016 12:36:22 PM(UTC)
ThatGuy

Groups: Expert
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Your model number isn't working for me.

Yes, the valve could be the problem, there might be a thermal cutout/fuse that went out too.

I'd put the ignitor back in circuit. turn the oven to bake and see if the ignitor glows. If it doesn't, I'd check the voltage to it. It should be 120 volts AC. (I know you said you measured 65V)

The power comes in from the cord, goes through the thermostat, thermal fuse (if there is one) through the ignitor, then through the gas valve and back to the cord.

Its a series circuit. A break or bad connection anywhere will stop it. The parts might not be wired exactly like I described it, but you get the idea.

So if the power is partly or completely missing, you need to find where its not getting through.

Unplug you range and take the wires off the gas valve. Put your test probes across the gas valves two terminals, you should read low ohm reading of about 5 ohms or so. If its an open circuit its bad. If its a really high ohm reading its bad.

A short video that might help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RZtxSvOe-U
MDThompson  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 29, 2016 1:30:26 PM(UTC)
MDThompson

Thanks for the information. I have ordered the Dual Safety Valve from FISHER & PAYKEL APPLIANCES, the company that now owns (DCS) Dynamic Cooking Systems. This company is located in New Zealand. This has been a chore finding out who the original manufacturer was. It has a JENN-AIR badge but was made by DCS, who would have guessed.

Thanks Again for the information.:)
MDThompson  
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 31, 2016 4:55:31 AM(UTC)
MDThompson

Dual Control Valve installed and the oven is now functional. The resistance across the oven terminals was 200meg ohms, and the broiler was 0 ohms. Thanks Again for the assistance.
ThatGuy  
#5 Posted : Saturday, December 31, 2016 3:45:54 PM(UTC)
ThatGuy

Groups: Expert
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
I'm glad you got it working.

You're welcome and Happy New Year!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply