Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ANiforos  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2016 2:26:43 PM(UTC)
ANiforos

Groups: Registered

Hi there. I have a problem that has been ongoing for several years. Water collects in the bottom inside of my refrigerator. The refrigerator is a top freezer model GE. Sometimes it drips from where the lightbulb socket is located. For several years, I have used a small rubbermaid container to catch the dripping from where the light socket is attached. Water also collects in the very bottom of the refrigerator. I have to use a towel to soak the water up.

I finally called a repair service, one that has a good reputation, and I have used before with great success. The tech ended up telling me that he didn't think there was anything he could do. He said that on older models like mine, sometimes the water drain will end up draining someplace other than where it is supposed to drain, due to lines rusting, etc. He checked all other lines and found them to be clear and unclogged. I watched him remove the elongated cover to the temperature controls located at the top rear of the refrigerator. After a few moments I could see water dripping from the right side of the temperature control silver colored box. It has a slide switch right on the front of it and there are two molex connectors of wires plugged into the right side of it. One set of wires is plugged into the silver control box while another sit of wires goes up through a white grommet located on the roof of the food section/bottom of the freezer section. I can see water dripping from around this grommet. Is there any way to change this grommet. I'd hate to have to buy a new refrigerator because of a faulty grommet. Anybody got any suggestions? The refrigerator works greatly otherwise. Even the icemaker works flawleslsy after all these years.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.