Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jennshuey  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 18, 2016 11:06:43 PM(UTC)
jennshuey

Groups: Registered

I am searching for help diagnosing an Admiral Dryer (model EAD4475TQ1) that has a couple of issues. There is no heat at all in any of the heating cycles, but the dryer will run and blow cold air during the HEAT cycles. When attempting to use the "no heat fluff" cycle, nothing happens at all. I have tried pushing the button as well as holding it down, and I get nothing.

The dryer is approximately 3-4 years old. It belonged to my mother, and when it stopped heating a year ago she stuck it in a storage building. When my 1980s model Whirlpool died it's final death last week another family member pulled the Admiral out of storage to see if he could get it to work. He replaced the fuses, thermostat, and heating element with no luck.

I suspect the timer, but I don't want to start ordering parts blindly. Any help diagnosing (and determining if it's actually worth repairing) would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

brobriffin  
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 19, 2016 9:08:22 AM(UTC)
brobriffin

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
No heat even after replacing the Therms and fuses. Not running in Fluff mode, does it even try to start when you push the start button in fluff mode? (please reply with answer)

Like you, I suspect the timer has some bad contacts..
Whirlpool WPW10185972 Timer - AppliancePartsPros.com

Even if this doesn't fix the issue remember our 365 day return policy, just return for refund and we can then diagnose the issue further.

Oh BTW your model number should read AED4475TQ1...
Admiral-Electric-Dryer AED
jennshuey  
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 19, 2016 9:12:34 AM(UTC)
jennshuey

No, it will not start in fluff mode when you push the start button. It will start in all the other modes, just no heat. I noticed today the dial does not "click" when turning it to fluff mode, and I feel resistance that I don't get turning to anything else.
brobriffin  
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 19, 2016 11:49:27 AM(UTC)
brobriffin

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Ok indications point to a new timer, order it from the above link and let us know the outcome of your repair!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply