Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
vertspd  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 3, 2016 7:36:25 AM(UTC)
vertspd

Groups: Registered

My electric LG5977 dryer makes a humming noise when the start button is pushed. If the hum goes away in a second or two the dryer continues and runs the cycle, hot or air dry, etc. If the hum continues beyond a few seconds the dryer shuts off, not the power, but the drum spinning. The power remains on but when I push the start button again it will not start. I then turn off the power and back on and it powers up but sometimes the start button does not start the machine. Almost like something electrical needs to cool for a few minutes. I turn off and back on a few minutes later and the machine is ready to start again, but with the hum issue all over again. The hum is not new, probably about 6 months now, but the issue with the drum not spinning is. I replaced the heating element a few months back as that went out. The heating element comes with a thermal fuse, I believe and something else already attached to it.

What say the pros? Drive motor?

Thanks

I have a short video of the dryer making the humming sound but it looks like there is no way to attach to this post.:confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.