Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
d13peters  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 6:36:21 AM(UTC)
d13peters

Groups: Registered

I am replacing a starter relay and overload for a Whirlpool GR2SHKXKB00. It attaches to the Embraco EGY 60HLP compressor. The new replacement part is 8201769 (AP3961332). The part that was originally on the fridge had a spot to connect the run capacitor WPW10662129 (AP 6023677). I have no issues connecting the overload and new PTC relay to the compressor but I am curious how or if i should connect a run capacitor to this somehow. There is no blue wire on this fridge because the run capacitor originally slid right into the overload/starter relay combination before. If I was to connect the run capacitor to the PTC relay the wiring diagram that came with the new parts shows it as optional and connected to the white wire's terminal and the blue wire's terminal (if it had a blue wire) of the PTC start relay. Should I figure out a way to connect the run capacitor and if so how, or shoukd I just leave it out?
I attached a picture of the original overload/relay with the run capacitor attached to the compressor and one of the replacement parts.
d13peters attached the following image(s):
image.jpg
image.jpeg
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.