Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dennypccc1  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 7, 2016 6:50:59 PM(UTC)
Dennypccc1

Groups: Registered

All of a sudden the beeping came out which indicates door is opened. Open door saw the refrigerator temperature read 56 freezer 11. Reset the temperature and just went back. Cleaned coils under. Took off freezer panel and saw ice all over the condenser. Check the defrost heater and have continuity. Left unit unplugged. Turned back on and immediately started to re ice. I am waiting for the temp to cool off so I can check continuity of thermostat. Is there any thing else I can check
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

cbmserviceguy  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2016 7:43:25 AM(UTC)
cbmserviceguy

Groups: Registered

Sounds like there is a defrost problem for sure. You won't be able to test much if you let it get warm. Plug it in, let it get down to temp. Ensure the condenser fan (behind unit by compressor) and evaporator fan (by the coils that are freezing up in back of freezer) are both running. Unplug the unit after you have it all apart and check ohms on heater and defrost t-stat. T-stat should be closed. If they check out ok and it can be forced into deforst, it needs a control board. On a side note, I have seen one of these where the freezer door switch went bad and was screwing with the adaptive defrost. Might want to confirm the switch is ok.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply