Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages«<234
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Lery  
#31 Posted : Saturday, August 19, 2017 10:12:48 AM(UTC)
Lery

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: brobriffin Go to Quoted Post
Whirlpool WP8544737 Blower Wheel - AppliancePartsPros.com
Watch the installation video on this link. It will show you how to access the fan which you can then clean. Also clean out the vent system from the filter to the fan and from the fan to the exhaust

I'm happy to report back that the dryer seems to be finally fixed! Finally the check vent light is not on and the good light is on :D

The front bulk head was clogged. I always clean out the removable lint filter, but there was a substantial build up of lint on the bottom of the front bulk head. Could not see it or get to it until it was removed from the dryer. Here is a picture:
UserPostedImage

Once I saw that, I was pretty sure that was the cause. However, I continued on to make sure the blower wheel looked good and was not clogged. It did look just fine. Here is a picture of that:
UserPostedImage
brobriffin  
#32 Posted : Saturday, August 19, 2017 12:06:50 PM(UTC)
brobriffin

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Great I am glad you solved the puzzle.
In my opinion a likely cause for so much build up may be the back pressure on the system due to the long vent run with so many elbows. The belt driven fans as you have are not as powerful as the fans connected directly to the motor.
You will likely run into this problem again in a year.
Keep in mind the lint build up presents not only a drying issue but also presents a fire hazard. Hence the reason for the building codes mentioned earlier.
Installing the vent booster should help prevent the buildup of lint and prevent downtime, overheating of the unit, potential broken parts (i.e. heating element, thermostats, etc) increase drying efficiency thus reducing drying time saving on electric cost and as stated before reduce fire hazard.
Oh BTW I'm a retired fireman. Partly reason for entering this business.
Lery  
#33 Posted : Saturday, August 19, 2017 1:38:00 PM(UTC)
Lery

Originally Posted by: brobriffin Go to Quoted Post
Great I am glad you solved the puzzle.
In my opinion a likely cause for so much build up may be the back pressure on the system due to the long vent run with so many elbows. The belt driven fans as you have are not as powerful as the fans connected directly to the motor.
You will likely run into this problem again in a year.
Keep in mind the lint build up presents not only a drying issue but also presents a fire hazard. Hence the reason for the building codes mentioned earlier.
Installing the vent booster should help prevent the buildup of lint and prevent downtime, overheating of the unit, potential broken parts (i.e. heating element, thermostats, etc) increase drying efficiency thus reducing drying time saving on electric cost and as stated before reduce fire hazard.
Oh BTW I'm a retired fireman. Partly reason for entering this business.

The nice thing about this dryer is that I now know the check vent sensor is really working. I ignored it because I assumed the vent was clear and thought the sensor was not working.

Are the vent boosters sold on this site? I looked up the ones you recommended but need to do more research. I guess I just find a seam in the vent were two runs meet, open it up and put it in. The one I looked at had a small hole and claimed the lint can pass through but it concerned me.
brobriffin  
#34 Posted : Sunday, August 20, 2017 10:35:04 AM(UTC)
brobriffin

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
The Fantech 110 is the most common one used in my location. We do not carry vent boosters here @ APP that I have been able to find.
I would make sure whichever you purchase that it is UL listed and approved for the job.
The Fantech models have a 4" inlet and outlet and will hook right in line as you stated at one of the connections.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply