Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Tulsi  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 2, 2016 4:36:24 PM(UTC)
Tulsi

Groups: Registered

Hello,
I have a MAYTAG (Atlantis) Model # MAV7600AWW Top Load Washing Machine about 16 years old.
The Symptoms are as follows:
On Wash/Rinse selection switch if HOT/COLD Button is pressed, I only get HOT water and no cold water.
On all other settings no water comes out.
On HOT/COLD selection hot water will fill the tub and start the Wash cycle but will stop at Rinse cycle as no COLD water comes thru. The timer will not move further.
I have checked the following:
The Water Inlet Valve with Thermistor measures about 50Kohms to 60 Kohms at room temperature and if tested with hot water goes down to approx. 5Kohms.
The Power only comes to HOT solonoid Valve and not to the COLD valve.
Both valves are clean and water flows thru them when the wires are swapped for testing.
The Water Temp. Switch has correct continuity readings on all 4 settings as per the diagram.
The Temp. Control Switch also is working normal.
The Analogue Water Temp. Board Looks OK as no Resistors looks burnt-out.
Randomly checked few resistors and diodes with meter and seems ok.
I would appreciate more troubleshooting tips to correct the problem right to the discreet component level if it is on the ATC Board. I would not like to purchase the board as the machine is quite old.
Thank you.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

brobriffin  
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 3, 2016 5:55:12 AM(UTC)
brobriffin

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
If as you state the temp switch is good in all four setting then in most likely is the temp control board. Any one of several issues could be wrong and all of the diodes and resistors still work. It may be the connection to the control board is corroded. Try to remove the board and clean the connector and terminals. If this does not work replace the control board. Here is your part number.
Whirlpool WP22003906 Control Board - AppliancePartsPros.com
Keep in mind our return policy if this isn't your issue. Also I've included an example pic of a contact cleaner.
brobriffin attached the following image(s):
electric cleaner.jpeg
alisam  
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 3, 2016 12:26:14 PM(UTC)
alisam

Hi This is a very interesting thing
Tulsi  
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 3, 2016 5:45:24 PM(UTC)
Tulsi

Originally Posted by: brobriffin Go to Quoted Post
If as you state the temp switch is good in all four setting then in most likely is the temp control board. Any one of several issues could be wrong and all of the diodes and resistors still work. It may be the connection to the control board is corroded. Try to remove the board and clean the connector and terminals. If this does not work replace the control board. Here is your part number.
Whirlpool WP22003906 Control Board - AppliancePartsPros.com
Keep in mind our return policy if this isn't your issue. Also I've included an example pic of a contact cleaner.

Hello brobriffin;901035
All the contacts are clean and no corrosion as this is the 1st thing I checked
visually and with the meter. Can the timer cause the symptom I described above? If it can, then which wires should I check for continuity and to which device or switches. Thanks for your prompt reply.
brobriffin  
#5 Posted : Saturday, September 3, 2016 7:09:25 PM(UTC)
brobriffin

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
If you have "cleaned" all of the contacts as I suggested and are certain they are not the cause of your issue then very likely as I stated the temperature control board is most likely at fault. See my previous reply for part number. Never rely on a visual inspection for corrosion or testing just a few components on a circuit board to verify if it is good or not.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply