Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JoeWest  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 2, 2016 7:04:07 AM(UTC)
JoeWest

Groups: Registered

Hi all. Being a retired auto mechanic, I do most all of my own repairs around the house, whatever they may be.

Last December our LG LDS4821BB dishwasher began to display an E1 error code and it stopped its cycle. Searching online I came up with the likely cause being in the sump assy. So, I changed it. I bought the entire assembly for about 180 bucks.

It was ok until now... 9 months later. We do use it often. Anyway, another search, interestingly enough revealed something i hadn't read prior. Excessive pump rpm, implying a lack of normal restriction from water pressure for which a leak or syphoning issue could leave the sump low on water.

Neither is the case with my washer. Since I'm an old lazy bum, even though the part I installed 9 months ago is still under warranty, I really don't look forward to doing this again.

Since this error is sporadic, even though it isn't listed in the causes, I wonder if the inlet valve could be the problem? LOL. ... much easier to fix. :)

This error might only come up once or so a week. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Joe
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

patremb  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 2, 2017 5:34:01 AM(UTC)
patremb

I have the same problem as you described. You can hear the sound that I have here: https://youtu.be/JF_G0oSh_uo

It also gives me the E1 error from time to time.

Joe, have you found a solution for this problem? I'd be very happy to hear it as I've been searching as well.

Thanks,
Pat
JoeWest  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 2, 2017 7:03:49 AM(UTC)
JoeWest

Hi Pat. Well I gotta tell you the truth, after replacing the entire assy. the first time, I really wasn't looking forward to doing it a second time, although this assembly is all included, so unless it was the water inlet solenoid restricted which would give the water pump excessive RPMs, and trigger the code ... it would be most likely that this assembly would once again fix the issue.

My part was under warranty from ************************.com and I could have purchased another, then replaced and exchanged the old one for a rebate.

But, long and short of it, I grew to hate the LG washer. I don't know if you installed it initially but the bottom is enclosed and you have to tape down the supply water line and fish the machine into the counter opening. A real pain in the ass.

I ended up saying screw it ... and I bought this machine ...

It was 500+ marked down to I think then, 488 at home depot. I called another store, gave them a story that I got a deal for 449, and I said I'd buy it from them if they could beat it .... What the heck, nothing to loose! They offered to sell it to me for 425. So, I bought it.

It was a pleasure to install. Completely open on the underside, no fishing either the water supply or the electrical. So nice, and a great machine on top of it. I took that LG happily to the dump. Never again LG for me.

Good luck with your choice. I think there are a few things to look at if you want to keep it. Dirt in the disposal sump ... which would starve the water pump and cause it to RPM excessively, the solenoid, or the entire assembly, which of course would replace the disposal portion.

For me .. .Man that Maytag was a pleasure to install, and I won't even be shaking in my boots that I'd have to crawl around the kitchen floor like a contortionist should I have to repair it.

I'd love to know how you made out if you get the time to respond. My email is jjccl@aol.com