Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
GLP  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2016 4:27:08 PM(UTC)
GLP

Groups: Registered

Magic Chef CAV4000AWA
Background: about six months ago the spin cycle was spinning slow and clothes would come out wet. Replaced with Thrust bearing and everything worked fine after that until this weekend....

The tub wouldn't spin at all during the spin cycle but I could hear the motor spinning, also it drained fine. So all I did was move the tub around back-and-forth side to side, rotated it a little bit and then the spin cycle worked fine. It went through both the wash spin and rinse spin cycles and spun both times. Have run two loads with it this way, second time I had to move it around twice before it would start spinning. Checked the C clip that holds the thrust bearing in place and that looked good. Also the belt looks good.

Does this sound like the new thrust bearing only lasted six months or something else wrong. I thought it was strange the way it didn't spin at all and I just moved the tub around and it worked fine. Any ideas?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.