Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bobbijohahn  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2016 2:00:17 PM(UTC)
bobbijohahn

Groups: Registered

My washer has been leaking for some time. I took the front panel off to clean out trap since this is usually the issue. I found a few things in it, but nothing seemed to be blocking. I ran another load and left the front panel off so I could see where the water is leaking from. It appears to leak only when the washer is filling and is coming down the front near the bottom of the tub liner (the rubber part that goes around the entire door). It is leaking quite a bit. I am wondering if there is something that I can do to fix it. I have run my fingers around the inside and cant locate the place where the water is coming though. Its a fairly large amount. Any help you can provide would be great.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

brobriffin  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 2:40:28 PM(UTC)
brobriffin

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Please give us your model number for better assistance. Its probably that "rubber part" the bellows needing to be replaced, but lets have the model number to look further.
yotrustman  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 1:23:42 PM(UTC)
yotrustman

After researching, I am thinking that the leak may be from the rear of the dispenser bc the water is on the exterior of the door bellows draining down from the left side... How difficult is it to change out on a WFW9400SW01? Please post your repair tips!! Thanks!!:)
brobriffin  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 3:19:15 PM(UTC)
brobriffin

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
It is not hard to change out depending on what is actually leaking.
http://www.appliancepartspros.c...irlpool-wfw9400sw01.html
Look at the parts breakdown in the link schematic. The leak might be a hose or connection, a crack in the dispenser drawer, or a clog in part of the dispenser (when it is filling all the water may not be entering the tub and overflowing).
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply