Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
atem2144  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2016 1:41:31 PM(UTC)
atem2144

Groups: Registered

Kenmore basic dryer is getting extremely hot to the touch on the top and inside door, it also takes forever to dry anything. I have taken the vent off at the back of the dryer to eliminate that, still getting hot. I have replaced the cycling thermostat, thermal fuse on heating element housing, and hi limit thermostat, still overheating. I removed the blower housing, blower wheel looks good, no missing fins and spins freely. No blockages in blower housing. Took the heating element off, looks good, check continuity at both terminals, checks good, checked continuity between terminals and casing, no problem. Checked temperature at exhaust, highest reading with element on was 124 degrees. I'm stumped.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

brobriffin  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 10:39:54 AM(UTC)
brobriffin

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
If you are checking the temp at the exhaust with the transition hose on the temp should register closer to 160 degrees before the thermostat cycles off. Check to see if there is any obstructions in the lint chute assembly ahead of the blower wheel. I would also look to see if perhaps a couple of fabric softener sheets or something else may be blocking the intake to the dryer lint chute (look inside back of drum area upper right side). Also check to see if anything else is preventing air to be pulled in from the heater box. I've had a unit where the light fixture came loose from the back of the bulkhead. Air must be leaking somewhere if you do not get upwards of 160 degrees exiting the system.... Thus causing the heater to stay on longer.
brobriffin  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 11:25:18 AM(UTC)
brobriffin

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Other areas to check for air leaks might be the door seal, The front and rear drum seals and finally the foam seals on the lint chute assembly.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply