Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
brobriffin  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, August 10, 2016 2:30:33 PM(UTC)
brobriffin

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Groovy!
Let us know what winds up being the issue so that we can share your experience with others that may have the same problem.
jimtone  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, August 29, 2018 11:40:34 AM(UTC)
jimtone

My whirlpool lgb6200pqo has a weak natural gas smell in the drum when not in use. I've checked all the gas lines and shut off for leaks but none found, then I took off the top and front along with electric plug removal and took out the drum and belt to expose burner assy. I checked the gas line with soap at the valve for leaks and all other gas plugs on the valve but they had no leaks. I then wiped some soap/water over the orifice and it made a small slow filling bubble. I replaced my 2 solenoids last week with used ones from another same type dryer because the burner was intermitent and would lite gas several times but not several other times. I also ordered the new solenoids and will install when they arrive, but do you think the new solenoids will shut the gas flow completely when not in use or do you think it is my gas valve that's defective? I've read in several places where the gas valve is most likely not to fail but that doesn't mean they never fail. Before ordering a new gas valve, I'll remove the valve from my parts dryer to install and test after I install the new solenoids on my leaking valve to see if those solenoids make it behave. Let me know if anything can be done to adjust or repair my leaking gas valve?
chancellor  
#13 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2020 10:54:16 AM(UTC)
chancellor

Did you ever find the cause of the gas smell? I have the same exact issue with my Duet dryer. Intermittent gas smell when not running dryer. I'll replace the valve assembly if I need to, but just want to make sure whatever I do is the fix. Thanks.
#14 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2023 9:07:31 AM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I smell gas in my dryer while it is running. My whirlpool dryer is heating and drying fine. I cleaned out all the lint and confirm the exhaust is clear. Ant ideas? It is a model wgd97hexl4. Thanks
#15 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2023 9:08:10 AM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I smell gas in my dryer while it is running. My whirlpool dryer is heating and drying fine. I cleaned out all the lint and confirm the exhaust is clear. Ant ideas? It is a model wgd97hexl4. Thanks
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply