Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jcy110  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2016 7:53:01 AM(UTC)
jcy110

Groups: Registered

Today the microwave started making a buzzing sound. I took out the control panel and powered up the unit. It appears that the RY03 power relay on the back of the board is doing the buzzing, its placed so you cannot read all of the numbers to look for a replacement...... Also looking at the board I can see a resistor R51 darkened the circuit board and would like to replace it. I don't know how to read the value and % to look for a replacement. From other posts they speak about the C01 capacitor going bad, the C01 of mine looks like it is just starting to bulge very slightly so I will replace that too (220uf 50V).

I will upload/include pics if anyone can Identify what numbers I need to order the Power relay and the resistor.

The board is GE CAT NO WB27X10438

Thanks!

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

jcy110  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 1, 2016 2:57:04 PM(UTC)
jcy110

Today I went to the local electronics parts store like the good old days, picked up a 30K Ohm 1/4 watt resistor and a 220uf 50V capacitor for $2.95, went home soldered them in and the microwave works like a charm now. Hopefully for the $2.95 it will last another 14 years. Purchased it 7/31/2002!

I couldn't locate the relay because its discontinued, so I figured I would try to replace the 2 components and see how it goes and it worked.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
sgilbert4544  
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 19, 2020 10:25:50 AM(UTC)
sgilbert4544

United States

I've got the same problem with a buzzing sound and appears to be what you all have described here.

I pulled my board and can see that it has blackened resistor - exactly as shown in the one of the photos that jcy110 posted. However, I tested it using a multimeter and seems to show that it's still good - 30.3K was the reading on the multimeter.

My capacitor doesn't look blown when I inspected it visually, so I tested it also and it shows 20k on the multimeter. However, I don't have the ability to test the actual capacity it can hold.

Any thoughts? Advice?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply