Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Tagg95  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 28, 2016 6:26:33 PM(UTC)
Tagg95

Groups: Registered

I have a frigidaire dishwasher and nothing happens when pressing the start button for a cycle, however if I hit the delay start button it will run normally after a 60 min delay. I assumed it was likely the touchpad so I purchased a new touchpad, installed it, and have the exact same problem. Then I figured it had to be the control board so I replaced it and have the exact same problem. Everything else works. Only other oddity is that if I cut the power and while its in power failure mode I hit start before opening the door, it does appear to go through some diagnostics before going back into power failure mode. After I open the door, start button does nothing.

This has been going on for a year. We did go through a period early on where occasionally you'd hit start and it'd suddenly work one time, but it hasn't worked at all in the last 6 months and I'm tired of always waiting an hour to start a cycle. Any suggestions?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

appliancerepairoakville  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2016 1:40:29 AM(UTC)
appliancerepairoakville

Dishwasher that won’t start can be frustrating and repairing it through a serviceman can be expensive.
This must be helpful to you. Along with tons of helpful info, like our step by step installation videos and instructions. Otherwise contact to a expert repairman for this.

rek04  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 6:08:09 PM(UTC)
rek04

hey tag95,
I have the same dish washer and it is doing the same thing, I have already did the same things you have in the same order believe it or not then I found this thread. what did you do to fix it? I need help.

Thanks,
rek04
TCNC  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 6, 2020 7:00:29 PM(UTC)
TCNC

United States

I believe I have the same problem.

I have a Frigidaire FGID2466QD0A dishwasher. Unit powers up ok and I can select option on the screen. When I go to press the start button nothing happens. The start button is blinking. I thought it was the latch and tested continuity and it tested ok. Continuity with door closed, broken continuity when the door opens. The control panel stops working in the closed position as well so it is recognizing that the latch is closed. I'm not sure what it is. I checked the float switch thinking maybe it is stuck. I also got continuity there with a change in state for open then closed.

Any ideas?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply