Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gefricot  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 26, 2016 10:39:13 AM(UTC)
gefricot

Groups: Registered

My fridge won't start. Just bought this condo with existing appliances. I have replaced the cold air control switch and the defrost timer and nothing. I had an appliance repairman look at it and recommended replacing these parts, which I have done. He also tested some kind of a part beside the compressor and said the compressor was good. I don't know what to replace next.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

GeneC2  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 28, 2016 12:56:28 PM(UTC)
GeneC2

Originally Posted by: gefricot Go to Quoted Post
My fridge won't start. Just bought this condo with existing appliances. I have replaced the cold air control switch and the defrost timer and nothing. I had an appliance repairman look at it and recommended replacing these parts, which I have done. He also tested some kind of a part beside the compressor and said the compressor was good. I don't know what to replace next.

Have you checked power cord and also determined there is voltage at receptacle. from you description it sound like there's no power to fridge, do the door lights work, if not there's no power to fridge, could be bad plug or cord if outlet has power. Have you checked the thermostat to make sure it is on. Also the defrost timer you put in could be in defrost sequence, did you try to advance it. you do not provide enough info other than fridge wont start so these can be the only logical solutions. I fans are running and compressor won't start then its the compressor switch. I hope this helps cause there is not much more it could be. There can be other reasons but this is what fits your question.
gefricot  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 28, 2016 1:51:49 PM(UTC)
gefricot

Hello

Thanx for your post. The power is on as the lights ate on. I put back in the old defrost timer and fans started. The new timer msy have been in defrodt mode. The comprdssor seems to run slightly but not cooling so i have ordered a compressor start switch and hope this does the fix.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply