Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gooman  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 26, 2016 5:50:46 AM(UTC)
gooman

Groups: Registered

Washer displayed ND code last night. Drain line was pretty stopped up so I removed it and cleaned it out. Also removed coin trap and cleaned all that junk out too. Ran another load and the ND came back. Removed coin trap again and alot more junk came out so I decided to remove the pump and separate the housing and make sure it was cleaned out good. When I separated the pump and housing I noticed the pump (part that has the impeller and electrical connection) had water & black sludge inside of it. I mean like "behind" the impeller. I could "sling" the water and black sludge out of it.

Is that normal? Thinking I need to replace the motor. Thoughts?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

brobriffin  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 26, 2016 6:11:24 AM(UTC)
brobriffin

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Do you mean water has leaked through the seal and is in the electric motor area or is it just behind the impeller still inside the pump if it were sealed. If the water has not leaked past the seal then the sludge can just be cleaned out and the pump should be fine if it still runs. Also check behind the impeller to see if a hair or string wrapped around the shaft. Before reassembly you might get a wet vac and try to suck out any remaining sludge from the bottom of the tub and the tub to pump drain line.
gooman  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 26, 2016 6:26:25 AM(UTC)
gooman

Originally Posted by: brobriffin Go to Quoted Post
Do you mean water has leaked through the seal and is in the electric motor area or is it just behind the impeller still inside the pump if it were sealed.

I'm not sure but I could shake the pump and hear water sloshing around. Seemed to be too much to just be behind the impeller. I didn't feel comfortable plugging electricity back into it so I left it out and will order another. :D

Originally Posted by: brobriffin Go to Quoted Post
Before reassembly you might get a wet vac and try to suck out any remaining sludge from the bottom of the tub and the tub to pump drain line.

Good idea, thanks!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply