Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sm6199  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2016 6:23:54 AM(UTC)
sm6199

Groups: Registered

A few weeks ago I changed out the belt drum. Previous to that it was working properly. Since then, it takes 3-4 cycles to get clothes dry. The heating element is working fine and the exhaust is blowing out normal. I've taken it apart and put it back together several times and no change. I even vacuumed out the inside of the cabinet and the vent hose. There is virtually no lint in the lint screen, which leads me to believe that it's not drawing the air across the drum, even though it's blowing hard out of the exhaust vent which it 15' +/- from the dryer. Please help.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

thorning  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2016 12:25:52 PM(UTC)
thorning

It appears this is an electric dryer. Is the heat coming out of the vent warm/hot ? Apparently you are not getting hot air thru the drum . Have you disconnected the vent tube at the back of the dryer and run it that way ? Is the blower making any unusual noise ? Suggest you take this apart one more time and look at all the components to trace the air flow path. Not sure if this dryer can be run with the drum removed but I have have on occasion removed a drum and run the dryer to verify heating. Something is obviously wrong as the drum interior should be warm when power or heat is present to get warm air thru the clothes.
sm6199  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2016 12:40:20 PM(UTC)
sm6199

Thanks thorning for the reply. It seems to me that it's not drawing the air across the drum. The vent, which is 15' from the dryer, is blowing air out as it normally does. No unusual noises. I even disconnected the vent hose to check for obstructions and there were none. Dryer is heating normally. The air duct is secured to the blower motor, so I would assume it would be drawing air across the drum, but it doesn't seem to be because there's no lint in the filter.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply