Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cems  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 1, 2016 6:54:51 PM(UTC)
cems

Groups: Registered

My problem is mysterious because I've replaced both the control board and the thermo limit switch already.

description of problem:

I always select hot-wash, hot-rinse, and eco-dry (normal wash only: not a "sensor" wash). three different outcomes are observed variably:

1. Sometimes the washer goes through a spray cycle but when it does, it seems not to heat the water at any point and it runs a long time.

2. Sometimes the washer heats the water (steamy vapor rushes out when the door is opened), but when it does it seems not to do a spray cycle . often the soap is in a lump at the bottom of the washer when this happens.

3. Sometimes it pumps water in, waits a minute, where it sounds like it is trying to spray for a moment then stops, it might do that twice(?) then it pumps it out. the water is not heated.

Net result is poor cleaning!

Washer is 2 years old.

Regression:
I measured a low resistance on the heater element, and as I noted it does heat sometime so evidently that can work when it wants to.
I replaced the thermal limit switch but in hindsight it was fine (both the new one and the old one read about 1 ohm at room temperature and snap to infinity when I heat them on a stove).

When I do the 1-2-3-123-123 diagnostic mode, the error codes were flashing varied codes. Usually 6-2 but sometimes just 6 flashes and no second number. One time 5-?. So I replaced the control panel with a new one. This did not solve the problem.

The water is going into it and appears to just cover the heating element. I read somewhere the water should be below the heating element? But in any event it can heat the water sometimes. Just not always.

The user accessible drain area is free of debris. I've cleaned any clogged jets in the spray arms. I don't see any other thermal sensors anywhere.

I'm stumped! :confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.