Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ithryn  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2016 3:03:52 PM(UTC)
ithryn

Groups: Registered

I have a Whirlpool Estate gas dryer, model number TGDS740JQ1. It spins but there's no heat on any setting. I made a guess and replaced the ignitor, but that didn't help. The new ignitor, the solenoids, and the flame sensor show continuity. When I run the dryer without the drum, I don't see the ignitor glow.

Oh, and the whole inside bottom was full of lint when I took out the drum. I've been in this machine before (replaced ignitor, belt, etc) and that hasn't happened that badly before.

A book said to unhook the power cable from the whole burner assembly and check it for voltage, but as you can see there's no plug, they're just wired together.

UserPostedImage

In the back, I checked the thermostats. Those two top ones have continuity. The third one (white rectangle) does not. The four prong one on the bottom has continuity where the red wires attach (top and bottom posts), but no continuity where the purple wires attach (left and right posts).

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Here's the serial number in case that helps.

UserPostedImage
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.