Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
av8erdunn  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2016 5:42:57 AM(UTC)
av8erdunn

Groups: Registered

Alright, I have a GE side by side refrigerator that's giving me problems. I will give a little past history to start with. I bought the unit used about 2 years ago and December 2014 I open it one day and its barely cold, the interior lights come on but the water / ice dispenser will not work and the temp control display isn't on. I do a little research and decide to shange both condenser fans in the refrigerator and freezer along with the control board / circuit board. I plug it back in after completing repairs and she works fine. That is until June 4th as we were leaving to go out of town. I open the door and once again the lights are on but nothing else is working just like before. We did notice a couple days prior that the ice / water dispenser quit working but wasn't going to bother fixing it until we got back in town. I ended up ordering a new control board again hoping that was the problem but upon installation nothing changed. I wonder if I got a bad control board or is there another problem. Its just odd to me that the only thing that works is the lights inside. Any help would be greatly appreciated because they want $100 to come out and look at it plus cost of parts and labor. I just asked the technician prior to coming what it would cost to replace the control board if that is indeed bad again He said $150 for the board and $130 for installation. It takes 10 minutes to replace the board, that's a heck of an hourly rate. I understand they have to make money but before I spend almost $400 on this thing I will buy a new one.

Thanks in advance for your help
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.