Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mardanced  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 28, 2016 7:54:36 PM(UTC)
mardanced

Groups: Registered

Hi there,

Old question that still needs an answer please to myself & to the two people who were experiencing the same issues as I.

My microwave is an over the stove GE Spacemaker XL & the serial # RS922091 S & was manufactured in 1997 in Korea. The KW 1.48 & VAC/HZ 120/60

I realize that this microwave doesn't owe me anything due to it's age - it's just the 2nd (the clothes dryer was the 1st to go of a long list of things that r telling me that it's time to finally move even though we've been here for over 16 years since the townhouse was built in 1998.

Thank you.

These are the posts

I have a Whirlpool microwave. yesterday it started just coming on by itself when the door is closed. And if it won’t come on, I can push up on the door and it will. If I leave the door closed, it will at times, just come on by itself. Can you tell me what’s wrong? Thank you

Brad Holthe says:
February 26, 2016 at 11:26 pm
My Whirlpool microwave is doing the same and similar things. It seems to be something wrong with the switch(es) that are activated/deactivated by closing/opening the door.
Did you ever get an answer to your question?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

mardanced  
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 28, 2016 8:15:23 PM(UTC)
mardanced

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: mardanced Go to Quoted Post
Just some details that needed to be added. I keep getting these stupid errors that are not allowing me to post this reply!

Hi there,

Old question that still needs an answer please to myself & to the two people who were experiencing the same issues as I.(see below)

My microwave is an over the stove GE Spacemaker XL & the serial # RS922091 S & was manufactured in 1997 in Korea. The KW 1.48 & VAC/HZ 120/60

I realize that this microwave doesn't owe me anything due to it's age - it's just the 2nd (the clothes dryer was the 1st to go of a long list of things that r telling me that it's time to finally move even though we've been here for over 16 years since the townhouse was built in 1998.

So it was still blowing out heat after timer that was set to heat food,etc was finished, while you removed the food, then closed door & hit clear.

Now it is blowing cool air only & the carousel @ light are still working as well.

Any suggestions on how to repair would be greatly appreciated & I am assuming that a repair technician is necessary apparently. Right?

Thank you.

These are the posts

I have a Whirlpool microwave. yesterday it started just coming on by itself when the door is closed. And if it won’t come on, I can push up on the door and it will. If I leave the door closed, it will at times, just come on by itself. Can you tell me what’s wrong? Thank you

Brad Holthe says:
February 26, 2016 at 11:26 pm
My Whirlpool microwave is doing the same and similar things. It seems to be something wrong with the switch(es) that are activated/deactivated by closing/opening the door.
Did you ever get an answer to your question?

What the ?&$/ more characters are you referring to????!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply