Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Stockbroker  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 21, 2016 1:09:23 PM(UTC)
Stockbroker

Groups: Registered

New guy here. I just found this forum. I love working on stuff. My mother called me to work on her dryer. I find that the dryer is getting really really hot and has no cool down cycle. I check it on "air fluff" which should run with just air and it's still running heat through it. I pulled the back off to check the element and the thermostat and they aren't even on the back. Do I have to pull the drum off to work on this thing? And also what do you think the issue is? It runs through cycles fine. It's just scorching hot. Thanks in advance for your help.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

thorning  
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 22, 2016 2:53:49 PM(UTC)
thorning

You may have a timer problem in that the contacts inside it are stuck together thus allowing electric current to continue thru the heating element when it should advance to the next position with only the blower working .
Stockbroker  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2016 6:13:37 AM(UTC)
Stockbroker

It's a digital machine so it's a control board timer. I haven't cracked the top on it. But when I repaired the washer it was a board.
Stockbroker  
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 26, 2016 6:08:31 AM(UTC)
Stockbroker

I've checked continuity on the element, thermostat, thermal fuse, etc. All good. Thermistor is within OHM specs. The only thing I couldn't square away was pulling the P4 wiring group to check the OHMs between the 3 and 6 pins like the service manual says. I was getting readings all over the place and figured it was just not me making contact good. I'm baffled.