Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
IamMatt  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2016 4:45:33 PM(UTC)
IamMatt

Groups: Registered

My Kenmore Dryer Model 110.97282100 was turning but not heating (no glow or flame in the peep hole) so I took off the back and tested the thermal fuse, which had no continuity. I figured I had found the problem.

Since I was back there, I tested the adjacent thermostat (two red wires at 12:00 and 6:00, and two purple wires with smaller connectors at 3:00 and 9:00) I tested with the red wires and it had continuity.

I put the wires back on the thermostat and figured I would just bridge the two wires for the fuse with an alligator clip and start the dryer long just enough to make sure it would light, then shut it down and replace the fuse. But when I bridged the wires and hit the start button, I got nothing. No click or anything.

I put the wires back on the fuse, made sure the dryer was plugged in, and I am 99% sure I replaced the wires on the thermostat correctly, if that matters. Made sure the door switch was pushed in. Still nothing. Now I am lost. Did I break something? Does the back panel have to be on for it to work (I couldn't see any sort of safety switch).

I thought I put everything back to how it was when it was working normally other than the heat, but it will not come on at all. Any help appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.