Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
eweis  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 8, 2016 7:46:24 PM(UTC)
eweis

Groups: Registered

I've got a frigidaire dishwasher and am replacing the old pump motor with this part:
It's supposedly the upgraded/new version of the old pump. The problem is that the power plugs do not match between the old and new.
In the attached photo, the new one is on the left....with what appears to be two plug options. The old on the left has a tri plug with 3 spade type connectors which doesn't match either connection type on the new one. I need to know how those 3 should connect to the new motor. I assume I would use the 3 plug connector on the new one but don't know what color wires go to those plugs. The 3 colors on the old plug are white, green and blue.

Thank you
eweis attached the following image(s):
20160508_225732.jpg
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

adward  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 9, 2016 2:48:27 AM(UTC)
adward

Green / Yellow – Earth

Brown / Red – Live

Blue / Black – Neutral

Green indicates the grounding of an electric circuit. A green wire can connect only to another green wire and should never connect to any other color wire.

White and gray indicate a neutral wire. You can connect white only to other white .A neutral wire connects to the neutral bus bar within an electric panel.

Yellow and blue electrical wires are also used to carry power but are not for wiring the outlets for common plug-in electrical devices. These colors are used for the live wire pulled through conduit.
[IMG]https://www.google.com/search?q=3+wiring+connection+with+plug&biw=1366&bih=515&tbm=isch&imgil=dUCjJrsAr4DD5M%253A%253B5Ti2BwMxZ042QM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.frankswebspace.org.uk%25252FScienceAndMaths%25252Fphysics%25252FphysicsGCSE%25252FmainsElectricityLong.htm&source=iu&pf=m&fir=dUCjJrsAr4DD5M%253A%252C5Ti2BwMxZ042QM%252C_&usg=__aFHcLOlgplZm0Wbr_TE5zJrwUSo%3D#imgrc=dUCjJrsAr4DD5M%3A[/IMG]
you can also help with this image or article Wiring a Plug
and if you want to call a appliance repairs professional call 416-727-1352
eweis  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 9, 2016 5:27:22 AM(UTC)
eweis

Thanks adward. That's perfect -- tells me how to identify the connector wires coming from the dishwasher.

Now, is there an easy way to tell which are the Earth, Live and Neutral connection points on the plug on the new unit (the far left white plastic 3 prong plug in the photo)? Is there a standard for these connector types?

Thanks again.
eweis  
#4 Posted : Monday, May 9, 2016 5:45:42 AM(UTC)
eweis

....I have another follow-up question from your reply adward...

The power plug wires from my dishwasher include a white wire. You mentioned that the green would be earth and the blue is neutral. You mention brown and red being live but don't mention what a white wire would be. By process of elimination, is the white one therefore live also?
eweis  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 10, 2016 3:17:30 AM(UTC)
eweis

...bump...