Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rannug  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 20, 2016 10:12:10 AM(UTC)
rannug

Groups: Registered

My refrigerator light has been sticking and I would like to test my door switches to see if they are the problem. Specifically they are part #AP4442085, however the repair video that shows how to remove the door switch is not the same as my part. I've tried to remove it without success. Can someone provide guidance or point me in the right direction on where to find instructions on how to remove this specific switch? Thanks in advance!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Appliance Medics  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 20, 2016 4:33:23 PM(UTC)
Appliance Medics

Groups: Registered

This is an LG built model they were known to have problems with the lights staying on and causing the plastic around the bulb housing to melt. If it's the one I'm thinking of there should be some Phillip screws on the top of the hinges and maybe some more in a track in the top center. Sometimes they found a maim control causing the issue and also installed a new light socket harness with a temperature limit in it to shut the bulbs off before the could do some damage. Hope this helps
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply