Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jimhciii  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 11, 2016 11:47:52 AM(UTC)
jimhciii

Groups: Registered

Bought a used whirlpool cabrio washer. The gentleman I bought it from informed me that he had the inlet valves replaced due to being left on back porch in freezing conditions on its side. After replaced by technician the washer blew the interface board when draining water at end of wash cycle. He thought it was because water had gotten on board. So I replaced board and ensured all was dry. Went thru wash cycle just fine, 30 - 60 seconds into draining water loud pop, burning electrical smell and washer quit would not do anything. Checked circuit breaker, one for washer had popped, reset and still washer would do nothing. Before I put another board in looking for suggestions on what could be wrong. Thinking about replacing drain pump and wiring harness.
Thank you,
Jim Coffey
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 12, 2016 8:12:14 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jimhciii Go to Quoted Post
Bought a used whirlpool cabrio washer. The gentleman I bought it from informed me that he had the inlet valves replaced due to being left on back porch in freezing conditions on its side. After replaced by technician the washer blew the interface board when draining water at end of wash cycle. He thought it was because water had gotten on board. So I replaced board and ensured all was dry. Went thru wash cycle just fine, 30 - 60 seconds into draining water loud pop, burning electrical smell and washer quit would not do anything. Checked circuit breaker, one for washer had popped, reset and still washer would do nothing. Before I put another board in looking for suggestions on what could be wrong. Thinking about replacing drain pump and wiring harness.
Thank you,
Jim Coffey

Jim, you're pretty much on target, chances are the water in the drain pump Part number: AP5650269
Part number: AP5650269
froze and damaged the seal(s) which damaged the drain pump motor windings. Don't think you'll need the wiring harness, unless it's visibly damaged or melted. We believe you mean the Part number: AP4360738
Part number: AP4360738
machine control board, as the part you've already replaced twice, replacing the drain pump should solve that problem. You may want to review or download the attached information that nay come in handy.
File Attachment(s):
Tech+Sheet+-+W10026634+-+Rev+B.pdf (929kb) downloaded 1 time(s).
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply