Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
yotimbo  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 9, 2016 7:46:12 PM(UTC)
yotimbo

Groups: Registered

Hi and thank you in advance. My gas range has begun acting oddly. I was cooking tonight at 400F, opened the door to check the food and thought it felt cool. Closed the door and the temp gauge now said 152, which felt about right, considering how cool it was. I tried turning it off and then back on (Convection Bake) and it came on but was showing 192. It would not heat up much. Tried going to Convection Roast, and it said the temp was 149. Went to plain Bake and it said the temp was 203. I assume that these readings should all be about the same.

And the worst part is that it seems not to be heating up much at all.

That was an hour ago. Just now, I tried turning it on again to 200F. When I started in Con. Bake, the temp gauge said the oven was at 141; with Con. Roast = 100; with Bake = 108. What could be going on?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

yotimbo  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2016 8:45:34 PM(UTC)
yotimbo

Groups: Registered

So, 1 day later update: Bake, Convection Bake, and Convection Roast do not start at all now. Stovetop works, Broiler works. Any thoughts?
Joe / APP Team  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 11, 2016 1:33:53 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: yotimbo Go to Quoted Post
Hi and thank you in advance. My gas range has begun acting oddly. I was cooking tonight at 400F, opened the door to check the food and thought it felt cool. Closed the door and the temp gauge now said 152, which felt about right, considering how cool it was. I tried turning it off and then back on (Convection Bake) and it came on but was showing 192. It would not heat up much. Tried going to Convection Roast, and it said the temp was 149. Went to plain Bake and it said the temp was 203. I assume that these readings should all be about the same.

And the worst part is that it seems not to be heating up much at all.

That was an hour ago. Just now, I tried turning it on again to 200F. When I started in Con. Bake, the temp gauge said the oven was at 141; with Con. Roast = 100; with Bake = 108. What could be going on?

Yotimbo, There are two most likely possibilities, The most likely being a weak oven burner glow bar igniter Part number: AP2020569
Part number: AP2020569
. remove the oven bottom panel and the flame spreader from the bake burner, program the control for a bake temperature and observe the igniter. It should start to glow, and be "white hot" in 60 seconds or less, and ignite the gas burner. If it glows but it's orange or red in color or takes too long the igniter is weak and needs to be replaced. The other possibility would be an erratic oven temperature probe sensor Part number: AP3792591
Part number: AP3792591
but that usually takes a lot of high temperature, prolonged, baking or a self clean cycle to disrupt the circuit in the sensor.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply