Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jen22  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2016 3:05:34 PM(UTC)
jen22

Groups: Registered

Relay and capacitor ignited because of lint build-up under fridge. No other parts appear to be damaged. I replaced both damaged parts and cleaned under fridge and coils.. Fan is blowing and compressor is running but only warmer air is coming out of any of the vents. Correct temperatures are displayed on adjuster. After about an hour of no temperature change I pressed the freezer on off button and compressor/fan turned off but would not turn back on if I pressed the button to turn it back on. Compressor and fan did turn back on when unplugged and plugged rrefrigerator back on. Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

BrendanBordin  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 5, 2016 3:35:36 AM(UTC)
BrendanBordin

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: jen22 Go to Quoted Post
Relay and capacitor ignited because of lint build-up under fridge. No other parts appear to be damaged. I replaced both damaged parts and cleaned under fridge and coils.. Fan is blowing and compressor is running but only warmer air is coming out of any of the vents. Correct temperatures are displayed on adjuster. After about an hour of no temperature change I pressed the freezer on off button and compressor/fan turned off but would not turn back on if I pressed the button to turn it back on. Compressor and fan did turn back on when unplugged and plugged rrefrigerator back on. Any help would be appreciated.

Poor cooling is generally the outcome of a weighty frost made-up on the evaporator loop. You would not be able to view these coils without discarding a panel on the inner part of your freezer. A right sign is that there is a the availability of any ice build-up on the inner ceiling of the freezer. Such a ice build-up generally indicates an error in the self-defrosting structure.

The refrigerator is made in such a way that it should get self-defrost almost four times in every 24 hour duration in case any part in the self-defrosting system doesn't work properly, the refrigerator starts to cool. ultimately, though, maximum ice builds up on the evaporator cloops that the flowing fan can't move air ovto the coils. When coils become icy then it is not able to send right amount of cool air to the coils which results in less cooling or sometime restrict to cooling. To fix such sort of issues you can contact to your local repair technician such as coolrooms or uprightfreezer which can sort out your problem in no time or your can fix it yourself as well by replacing the coils.