Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cantseemtoplaceit  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2016 7:08:20 PM(UTC)
cantseemtoplaceit

Groups: Registered

Hi. Many thanks for the assistance you all provided several years ago. New issue: dishwasher ran yesterday, won't run today (no lights, no noises, nothing). I tried a few of the suggestions found online - the "pull the fuse, wait a few minutes, replace the fuse" idea worked briefly, long enough for the control panel lights to turn on, for me to press "start", and for the dishwasher to start filling with water - then it went dark again. So it's getting power. Is it possible to tell whether I need a door switch or latch, or a control board, or something else, from this information? Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Jerry / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 29, 2016 7:31:33 AM(UTC)
mattt

Groups: Registered

Hello Cantseemtoplaceit,
I would start at the power connection. Remove the kickpanel and look in the opening below the door. There should be a galvanized box held in position with a single screw. (Make sure the power is off before removing this connection cover). Inspect the wire nuts since it is common for a wire nut to burn off. If this is the case, cut off the burned looking section of wire on both sides and install a new wire nut. If not, open the door and trace the voltage with a test meter to find where you are dropping voltage.