Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
NeedHelp321  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2016 9:36:31 AM(UTC)
NeedHelp321

Groups: Registered

Noticed frost in my freezer a few months ago. Apparently temperature had risen, then got frozen again. After a few days of this intermittent behavior, noticed refrigerator wasn't cold enough also.

Called Kenmore appliance. The guy came out and changed the "starter relay". It worked for a day, then I noticed ice cubes had melted and the refrigerator wasn't cool enough. The guy came back for a second visit, did a bunch of troubleshooting and couldn't figure it out. Then he calls his support guy, and they tell him to replace the board. I told him I didn't want to spend too much, so forget about ordering the board.

Over the weekend, I realized Sears had sent me an extra board a few years back, so I installed it myself this morning.

The freezer has began to freeze again, but the refrigerator doesn't seem cool enough. Unfortunately I don't have a thermometer capable of verifying the temps.

At this point, what else could I try replacing (new starter relay, new main board)? The tech claimed the compressor is still good.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.