Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Kjeffrey02  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 2, 2016 12:25:54 PM(UTC)
Kjeffrey02

Groups: Registered

Hello all!

I have a Whirlpool roper dryer that I bought used a few months ago before I moved into my new apartment. A few days ago the dryer stopped tumbling, but it still heats up and you can the motor working. So, I checked and it was the typical broken belt issue, found the right one (92 and 1/4 inches) and replaced it.

The problem is that after I replaced the belt and closed up the machine it still wouldn't turn. Yes I can hear the motor working and it does heat up, however now the drum is really hard to turn, it feels like the belt might be too tight. You can turn the drum manually from the outside or the inside, however there is a lot of force required, and more than I think there should be. Because I know it was a lot easier to turn the dryer while it was off manually before this issue. Whatever that force may be, I am of the opinion that it is too much to get the motor to overcome that and spin the drum. Thus rendering it unable to do the necessary task.

Model Number: REX5634KQ1

So, what could my issue be? Is there anything I should double check? I used the APP video on YouTube and I'm pretty sure I followed it exactly.

Thanks for the help
-Kevin
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.