Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JSobo  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 12, 2015 12:26:12 AM(UTC)
JSobo

Groups: Registered

Last weekend I took the dryer apart to clean inside, it had been making a noise which has cleared up since cleaning.

Ran a few loads through it after cleaning, didn't notice problem but after starting load no one stood and monitored either.

Tonight I was passing by the dryer on way out to the garage and noticed the new problem - The dryer is running, timer is working and it is drying however the digital display and button lights are flickering bright to dim.

I took the top off hoping to find a loose connection on the board but nothing.

Not sure if it could be the User Control and Display Board EBR36858901 or the Main Control Board EBR36858801 or possibly something I could have overlooked which (hopefully) wouldn't involve a new part.

Any help would be appreciated
Jeff
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

JSobo  
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 12, 2015 6:35:02 AM(UTC)
JSobo

So I took top off again, pulled control panel assembly back off - blew out connections with canned air. Board visually looks OK. Assembled and ran, display looked normal. Running empty I thought I could hear that noise, could be hearing things or it could be that I've been up for 30 hours....

That sound didn't (doesn't ??) sound like a roller, they looked good last weekend, so did the belt.

Anyway last weekend the display looked normal when first turning on the dryer so I'm not sure if it was a one off or the first symptoms of an issue.

So if anyone has any has any suggestions or experienced the same issue with the display I'd greatly appreciate any info.
JSobo  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 29, 2016 10:58:39 PM(UTC)
JSobo

My wife noticed the display is still flickering - the dryer appears to be running o.k. for now but obviously there is something wrong with it. The dryer is about 5 years old but only drys cloths for 2 people so it isn't used heavily.

Doesn't anyone have any idea what could be wrong? I'd really appreciate any help, I don't want to start replacing $100+ dollar parts and hope I get the right one.

Thanks in advance.
dyonkin  
#4 Posted : Friday, April 14, 2017 2:00:52 PM(UTC)
dyonkin

Wondering if you ever found a solution to your problem? My dryer started with the same symptoms today.
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 8, 2023 4:15:39 PM(UTC)

Groups:
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Mine is doing the samething. Did you find a solution?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply