Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
emshofk  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2015 9:23:32 AM(UTC)
emshofk

Groups: Registered

Spin cycle ran for several hours. The next load filled with water and did not stop filling. Overflowed on to the floor. Unplugged it. When plugged back in it will start filling again. pressing buttons on the control panel does nothing to stop it. Ideas?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 28, 2015 5:33:15 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Normally the overflowing would be the result of the problem with the tube between the tub and water level switch or a problem with the switch itself.

Clean out the tube and blow into it and listen to hear the switch click. If you cannot hear the switch replace it. But you may also have a problem with the timer and that could be a part of the overflow problem. So if you get the overflow problem solved with the water level switch see what happens with the timer and shutting off the spin.

If the water level switch and tube are not the problem try changing out the timer. That may solve both problems.
emshofk  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 3, 2015 5:24:51 PM(UTC)
emshofk

Actually the timer was my first thought. If it were my personal washer thats exactly what i would replace but this is my daughters unit and i just cant seem to find a timer on the exploded parts view. Im afraid the timer may be located in the electronic control panel which is 250 bucks. Its a maytag lse1000 series 10. Does that help narrow it down?
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 3, 2015 5:30:04 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Ah yes, you are correct, everything is integrated into the control board. If you want to try and change it out, and this type of machine is very expensive so it might be worthwhile, and you order the board from this site you can return it if it does not solve the problem.
emshofk  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 8, 2015 6:17:00 PM(UTC)
emshofk

Thats what i was afraid of. Thanks for the help.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply