Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Krabby  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 18, 2015 10:54:27 AM(UTC)
Krabby

Groups: Registered

I have a Maytag Gemini Glass top stove that has a problem with the right front burner "large Burner",it seems to work but not very well. When you turn it on in order to get it to work you seem to have to turn it up higher to get proper level of heat. I do see the right front burner heating up but seems to turn off more often than Left front burner and it barely cooks anything at setting 5 or below
Example if you turn on burner and want level 5 heat you have to set it to level 7 or even 8. Compared to Left rear burner which seems to work fine you can cook bacon on level 4, but on Right front burner you need to set it to level 7 or 8. It does seem to work ok on high but I did not test to see if it gets to highest level as fast as Left front burner. So my question is, am I having a burner issue or is it the infinite switch causing this problem? I have not tried to swap burners or switches yet to see if problem moves and was wondering if there was a more decisive test so I can order the correct parts.
Thanks in advance
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.